Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I want to go to there.

One overheard-conversation that made me almost swooning with delight came from the Vogue Australia pozzy. Arriving after the bec & bridge show, the magazine's editor, Kirstie Clements, was greeted by a gaggle of her (rather sweet-seeming) underlings. Asking how the previous show had been, Clements was given the (entirely splendid) answer, 'We saw a redundant dart!'

It was all I could do not to pull a Bridget Jones and surreptitiously join their circle with a casual laugh.

P.S. More than likely the dart comment was tongue-in-cheek. I don't care. It's still awesome.


EDIT: So I've just noticed that vogue.com.au included the following in their Day 1 'Loving and loathing' coverage of RAFW:

Loathing

3.     Redundant darts on dresses. Please save the front row from over-exposure to side-boobs and make your darts work.

I must say this is a bit of a bummer, as it sounds like they really mean 'poorly placed' or 'ineffective', rather than 'redundant', and the latter is far more interesting. I guess I'll just go fan girl someone else then.

No comments: